Friday 19 April 2013

Sports

Dear reader,

Being a extremely homey person, I've spent my school holidays on the inside. I've been writing, playing on my iPad (My new obsession: 'Disney's Fairies Fashion Boutique'. (By the way, I can see you looking at your computer screen with your ‘Aren't-you-a-little-too-old-for-that?' look, so stop it.) Yes, I'm still a kid at heart and in my defense, the game's kind of freaking awesome.), listening to the 'Pitch Perfect' soundtrack over and over again (And swooning over Skylar Astin's amazing voice), watching movies or re-runs of my favorite TV series and finally playing 'Kinect Sports' with my parents.

'Kinect Sports' is probably my favorite kind of exercise. It's easy but it's also a good workout. My muscles are sore from Kinect boxing with my dad, I totally smashed him in the first game but then he got the hang of it so needless to say, I lost the next two games.

The Kinect sport we’re obsessed with currently is bowling. Let’s just say my family goes a little crazy when it comes to Kinect bowling. We are all extremely competitive, me especially. I lost my lead when dad got 275, he beat me by 11 points and boy was I pissed. Not only is it going to be impossible to beat him but I now have to endure his cockiness. I suppose he did earn the bragging rights. But he shouldn’t get too comfortable in the throne because I’m going to knock him off as soon as my muscles loosen up. So have fun keeping my seat warm daddy.

Being good in fake sports doesn’t make me good in real sports. In fact, I think I hold the award for being absolutely terrible at sport. Soccer, football, tennis, badminton. You name it, I probably suck at it. But I don’t really mind, I don’t plan on being a professional sportswomen or an Olympian. I’m happy being good at other stuff. Stuff that I haven't yet discover but hopefully in time, I will. I'm really not worried. I'm only fifteen. I still have all the time in the world to discover myself and figure out what I'm good at and what I want to do in life. Here's a tip when doing exactly that: "Don't let others tell you what you can or cant do because if you want it badly enough, no one can stand in your way." Now that's a page out of my mama's book on life and we all know that mothers know best.

Love always,
Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment