Friday 19 April 2013

Macaroons

Dear reader,

So I've had this obsession with macaroons ever since I started watching 'Gossip Girl' two years ago. I've never had one but I have seemed to have brainwashed myself with this idea that it's absolutely amazing. Now all I want is to eat one but being on a remote island, I cant get macaroons unless I make one myself and for those who know don't know me, I'm just too lazy to do all that work.


Macaroons make me think of Paris. I don't know why, maybe because Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen from 'Gossip Girl' reference them to Paris. Paris, the city of lights. It's one of the many places I have to visit before I die. One of my dreams is to go to Paris, get a box of macaroons from Ladurée or Pierre Hermé and eat them under the Eiffel tower in a beret. I know, my dreams are weird.

But until I have enough money to visit Paris and fulfill that dream of mine. I'm going to have to be satisfied with eating Ladurée when I go back home to Singapore for a holiday in December (232 days). It turns out that a Ladurée store just opened up. I also just did some research on the prices an damn, those biscuits are pricey. After all, Ladurée does live in a high end shopping mall and has Chanel as a neighbor. I'm just hoping that macaroons tastes as good in my mouth as it does in my mind.

Love always,
Denise.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about Ladurée, but if Ladurée is too pricey, Macaroons from TWG Tea Company could be a more affordable alternative ... and their tea is good ... remember our hi-tea date :)

    ReplyDelete