Friday 19 April 2013

Pilot

Dear reader,

The first episode in a television series is called a pilot. A pilot is a prototypical filmed or taped feature, produced with hopes of network adoption as a television series and aired to test potential viewer interest and attract sponsors.

Now I’m calling my first post a pilot because I think blogs and television are quite similar. After all, they are both there for entertainment purposes.

If one of your many hobbies is watching TV then welcome to the world of Denise. I’m a fan of nearly every TV show that comes up on my screen. ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘How I Met Your Mother’, ‘The Big Bang Theory’, ‘Glee’, The Walking Dead’, ‘Gossip Girl’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’, ‘Modern Family’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, ‘Grimm’ and ‘Bones’. Just to name a few of my favorites. #TVNerd, am I right?

What is it about TV? How is it that one would rather watch a box with moving pictures than go outside and enjoy what life has to offer? Has our society evolved that much that technology is now all we see? I’m not judging because I know I’m part of the addicted few, I probably couldn’t go a day without going on my iPad or watching TV.

I guess if you step back and look at the bigger picture, television is a good thing. I cant speak for everyone when I say this but television inspires me. I am constantly learning from ‘Modern Family’, the show teaches me to be a better daughter and sister. ‘Glee’ shows me that you’re allowed to be different. ‘The Big Bang Theory’ shows me that nerds can win. ‘How I Met Your Mother’ teaches me how to be a friend and to believe in fate. You can say that TV shows have changed my view on life and has allowed me to be a better person and for that I am truly grateful to all the people in the entertainment business.

Well, I’m going to finish up now. I’m getting boring. I hope this was a good pilot post, if not. I’m sorry. Also before I go, please pray for Boston, Texas and just the whole of America. They truly need it after what they've been through.

Love always,
Denise.


No comments:

Post a Comment