Saturday 20 April 2013

Barricades

Dear reader,

My brother's the president of the Norfolk Island Leos Club. It's a Lions Club for teenagers. After months of persuasion, I've decided to give it a go. My first job as a trial Leo was to be a human barricade at the Norfolk Island triathlon, I thought it would be a very easy job but it turns out that people don't understand the concept of a barricade.

We spent two hours in the hot sun trying to stop people from driving through wearing bright orange vests that weren't even a little bit cute. To say my friend and I had success would be an understatement, a small fraction of people were polite enough to listen, the rest just drove around the barricade and around us. It was like we weren't even there.

But I suppose I had fun, soaking in some vitamin D and dancing around on the road. The vest did make me feel important even though it wasn't cute. Some kid asked me if I was a cop and I told him yes. I don't think he believed me though, he had skepticism in his eyes.

Moving on, I'm home now, away from the barricades and the bright orange vests and watching 'The Smurfs' and I have to say that I love Neil Patrick Harris. In every single show. He's not just funny, he's hilarious. But more on my favorite actors and actresses some other time. I'm going to leave you now and go back to relaxing.

Love always,
Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment