Monday 22 April 2013

Insects

Dear reader,

To say I have a fear of insects is an understatement. I don't know what it is about bugs but they just creep me out. Cockroaches are the worst, I cannot stand them, dead or alive. I get nauseous when I see a cockroach and until it's dead and/or in a bin away from me, I shall not rest. I shall bug my mom or anyone else in the vicinity to get rid of it.

On Saturday, I had my worst nightmare come true. There was a huge cockroach (In my point of view, mom described it as "It was only this [Made a tiny measurement with her thumb and index finger] big".) really, really close to my toothbrush holder that was holding my toothbrush, the worst part was that I was home alone. Needless to say, I had my back slammed against the wall as I started hyperventilating. I continuously asked myself "What do I do?" as the cockroach stared into my soul. I said to clap at it so I clapped at it, hoping that the loud noise would send it away from my toothbrush and success, it crawled across the wall and into the shower. I sprinted out of the bathroom and ran around the house like a idiot looking for the insecticide and vented when I couldn't find it, I think I said something like "Dammit! Where are you insecticide?! Why is it when nobody needs you, you're there! Stupid can!" I don't remember what I said because I sometimes forget what I say during my episodes of sub-psychotic rage (Not the clinically diagnosed one. I just describe it as that, I'm totally fine but more on that later.) Anyway, I ended up drowning the stupid cockroach in insecticide and then I tried to pick it up with a piece of cardboard, after putting on a rubber glove but I couldn't do it. So I left my mom a trail of bright pink post-it notes to ask her to bin it and then bin that bin bag (I found out the next morning that she didn't notice them until my brother pointed them out to her.). What can I say? I don't want it coming back as a zombie cockroach.

So that's what I did on Saturday night. You probably think I'm crazy or overly dramatic and I'm telling you right now, I'm both and more. People who know me can vouch for that. Um, I guess that's all for now. I'll talk to you more about my episodes of sub-psychotic rage, me being a post-it junkie and my obsession for zombies another time.

Love always,
Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment