Friday 3 May 2013

Shopping


Dear reader,

Imagine you are shopping in your favorite store, you grab everything you've fallen in-love with without looking at the price tag and walk up to the cashier. You're smiling and feeling all high and mighty because you think everything you've decided on is in your budget (For that particular store, you have a budget for each store). Turns out, it was about $35 over your budget. What do you do? Would you put stuff back or just spend the extra $35?

I'll tell you what, I would just spend that extra $35. There is nothing more embarrassing than having to say "I don't have enough cash, can I put some things back?" It's awkward. I mean, just a second ago you were walking up with a "'I-feel-so-powerful' strut, laughing at the little kids that were begging their parents for things and smirking at the other teenage girls that had to put back that dress after looking at the price (Shopping does things to me, that and money. I think they make me evil).

I never used to be one of those girls who could shop for hours and spend hundreds of dollars in just one store. But as I grow older and as I start making my own money, I am now one of those girls. I must say, it is an awesome feeling. To swipe a debit card, to pull out a wad of cash, to know that you are paying for it, not your mom, not your dad, you. They can no longer tell you no because you earned that money, it is yours to spend.

I am extremely excited for my December holidays, because I will be in Singapore the entire Christmas. I will be there shopping during the big sales! I will finally fulfill my dream where I am walking down Orchard Road (Or any fancy street with fancy stores in Singapore) in a stunning outfit, wearing heels (Probably not), my shades on, nails perfect, carrying a ton of shopping bags and a Starbucks coffee. Yes, I have weird dreams. I think we've established that in 'Macaroons' but come on, we all have weird dreams.

Well, I'm going to let you go now. It was fun talking to you. I hope that you will continue reading my blog and that each time you do, you laugh. Even if you just chuckle. I am just glad I am continuously entertaining you. If I'm not, well- There's really not much I can do, now is there? You could leave me a comment and tell me how I can improve or give me a topic to talk about. (Doubt I'd listen cause I'm extremely stubborn but you can try.) I hope to hear from you, even if it's only one person.

Love always,

Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment